The overall goal of the Step by Step project is to maximize the percentage of households of a homogeneous area (a neighbourhood or small city) that adopt energy saving behaviour at home and decide to purchase energy-efficient products and/or high quality renewable energy products.
This goal can be translated into 5 objectives:
- Improving households’ knowledge about energy saving behaviour and energy-efficient products.
- Motivating households to commit to energy saving actions.
- Encouraging community-based interactions between households likely to invest in hiqh quality renewable energy products.
- Better understanding behaviour patterns related to energy savings in different target groups.
- Conducting dissemination actions to promote the Step by Step concept and its implementation by European local authorities.